Ok, about 2 months into my 5 by 30 challenge, so I’m due for an update:
1. run 50 miles. (not in a row! are you nuts! no, just 50 total…)
STATUS: I’ve run about 17 so far…and getting better and stronger. I ran 4.4 miles on Monday, which is about 1.2 miles farther than ever before.
2. take more pictures with new fancy camera, all in new places. print 5 of them, and frame and hang at least 1.
STATUS: I have not done this. But I’m looking forward to doing it!
3. knock down the best jammer on my derby team. (not naming names-she can’t know I’m gunning for her.)
STATUS: I did this, and it didn’t feel as good as I thought it would. Though, I think she was kind of proud of me. However, she recently bruised my ribs, so I think we’re even.
4. drop 2 inches off the tummy, to be ready to wear a bikini for the first time ever (at 30!). ECE is coming in June, and I need to be ready for the pool. I’m big all over, but my mid-section is the area that is dangerously fatty. This goal seems like it should be easy enough, considering goal #1. Stick to the workouts, keep eating around 1500 calories/day…should be ok, right? (Famous fat last words…) Starting measurements 39 inches at the belly button. (This is why I’m blogging anonymously. How do you like them apples, interwebs?)
STATUS: I’m kicking this goal’s ass! I’ve lost 3.5 inches so far. While 2 inches doesn’t go as far as one might think, I’m on my way. I’m looking fit, dropping unhealthy weight, feeling good. Not quite bikini ready just yet, but closer than I’ve ever been.
Advice: Myfitnesspal.com is a great tool!
5. Write 4 short stories, fiction or non-fiction. That’s no small task, considering I’m the one making myself write them-they’re not assignments or deadline. It’s a self-inflicted deadline.
STATUS: I have not done, nor even started this. I have great anxiety over this project, and it’s not looking good. I want to write, I enjoy writing, but I do not enjoy creating story ideas. It seems that I do not do well without outside implemented deadlines. Suggestions? Story ideas? Help me out here, peoples.